Registration Deadline for The Beauty of Lingyen Photography Contest
Purpose of the event: In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the establishment of Lingyen Mountain Temple (Canada), we are hosting a photography contest to
explore and exhibit the natural beauty of Buddhist philosophy and Eastern culture in the arts and humanities. We hope that participants will be able to cultivate refinement of the spirit and clarity of the soul through observation of the scenery on and around the temple site.
Topic of photography: The Lingyen Mountain Temple (Canada) site (including the architecture and surrounding landscape, inside the great halls, seasonal sights, and special events)
Hours of Availability: You are welcome to photograph in the temple anytime from Monday-Saturday from 8:00am to 9:30pm, and Sunday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Prior to taking any photos, please register at the reception desk and pick up a photography permit.
Acceptable devices: Any and all cameras (including digital cameras, traditional cameras, and cellular devices).
Deadline: September 1st, 2019
Awards Ceremony: September 15th, 2019
Submission: Online at www.lymtcanada.com(here)
Prizes: First place (1 recipient) $1,000 and certificate
Second place (1 recipient) $800 and certificate
Third place (2 recipients) $500 and certificate
Fourth place (6 recipients) $300 and certificate
All winning submissions will be displayed in the LYMT 20th Anniversary Exhibition and on the website.
Contest organizers will enlist the help of professional photographers to form the judging panel.
All submissions will be considered fairly and equitably. Winners will be contacted by phone or by email.
- Submissions must be the participant’s original work. Participants must not plagiarize the works of others, violate any copyrights, rights to privacy or media consent.
- Submissions must not be drastically altered by photo editing software, such as Photoshop. Minor modifications to contrast, lighting, and colour saturation are acceptable.
- Participants must submit entries with the registration form online.
- Online submissions must be in JPG format, high resolution (at least 300dpi),
and the document should be titled as “name of participant + name of piece”.
- Submissions can be in color or in black and white. You may submit 3 entries, each entry can be a single photograph, or a series of thematically related photographs .
- By participating in the contest, you allow the Lingyen Mountain Temple to use and display your photos in exhibitions, publications, media releases, online, and on any non-commercial material.
First Place – Wisdom Award
Award of Excellence
Award of Creativity
Award of Encouragement